Prep Time 15 mins | Cook Time 1 hr | Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
I absolutely love banana bread, and as soon as I found the perfect recipe I knew I had to make a cannabis-infused version. This recipe is adapted from the Flour Bakery recipe. Full of banana flavor, and a perfect texture- this recipe will soon become a favorite in anyone’s medicated sweets rotation. My favorite trick is to top the batter with a 1/3 cup of sugar mixed with 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon just before baking.
* Now, about dosing: depending on how strong your infused oil is, you may have to add your desired dose and add enough regular oil to reach the 1/2 cup measurement. Here is a link if you’d like to learn more about dosing edibles to your liking: https://weedmaps.com/learn/products-and-how-to-consume/calculating-dose-homemade-edibles
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour (210 grams)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar (230 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup infused oil (100 grams total)* see note above for dosing information
- 3 1/2 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed about 1.5 cups or (340 grams)
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- With the rack in the center of the oven, preheat to 325°F. Lightly butter and flour pan(s) of choice. You can use a standard 9×5 loaf pan or three 6×3 mini loaf pans
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- With a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, beat together the sugar and eggs on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Switch to low speed and slowly drizzle in the oil, taking your time.
- Add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla, and continue to mix on low speed just until combined.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. No flour streaks should be visible.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan(s) and bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours for a 9×5-inch loaf, and about 50 minutes for three 6×3-inch loaves. The loaves should be golden brown on top and the cake will spring back when you press it.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes, remove from the pan and let cool completely on the wire rack. Enjoy!
Freezes very well for up to 4 months if wrapped tightly and stored in an air-tight bag or container. Let thaw on the counter, and it’s texture is very well maintained.