It’s December, and all I have on my mind is COOKIES. This has to be the easiest cookie to make, only 7 ingredients, and so delicious! They’re not a diet cookie- that’s for sure. This is definitely an easy recipe for substitutions- just swap out the cake mix for whatever flavor cookie you can think of.
To make these cookies into a simple edible, my favorite way is to add a Bloom Montana Distillate Syringe. They aren’t a cartridge- like our other Distillate- it was formulated specifically to be taken under the tongue. When you use Distillate in cooking and baking, you are able to get the effects of the THC and CBD without the weedy flavor. However, you can always use your favorite canna butter in place of some of the butter called for in this recipe. Do be warned though- making your own edibles without getting them tested by someone credible in a lab is always tricky business— don’t be afraid to UNDER-dose. It’s better safe than stuck to your couch.
This recipe calls for almond extract because they remind me of Gooey Butter Cake- a St. Louis institution and a dangerous dessert for me to be around. I will eat it all. I encourage you to play around with this recipe- add different cake mixes and extract combinations and have fun!
Prep Time: 10 min. |Chill time: At least 2 hours, preferably overnight. | Bake Time: 10 min.
- 1 Box Golden Butter cake mix
- 1 Egg
- 1 Stick butter, softened
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- Powdered sugar for rolling
- In a large bowl, mix together wet ingredients and add cake mix with a hand-held mixer. Cover dough and refrigerate over night. (It will be too sticky and impossible to work with if you don’t let it chill completely.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Farenheit.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and coat in powdered sugar.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. The tops will look undercooked but the bottoms will be golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Note- These cookies freeze incredibly well! Can be kept in the freezer for 3- 4 months.